Mục lục bài viết
Từ điển Collocation
ADV. significantly, substantially | constantly We are constantly upgrading our software to meet customers’ needs.
PREP. from, to customers who want to upgrade from version 4.2 to version 4.5 | with All the machines can be upgraded with the new processors.
Từ điển WordNet
- an upward slope or grade (as in a road); ascent, acclivity, rise, raise, climb
the car couldn’t make it up the rise
- software that provides better performance than an earlier version did
- a reservation that is improved
I got an upgrade to first class when coach class was full
- the property possessed by a slope or surface that rises; rise, rising slope
- hardware that provides better performance than an earlier version did
- the act of improving something (especially machinery) by raising it to a higher grade (as by adding or replacing components)
the power plant received a new upgrade[external_link offset=1]
- rate higher; raise in value or esteem
- to improve what was old or outdated
I’ve upgraded my computer so I can run better software
The company upgraded their personnel
- give a promotion to or assign to a higher position; promote, advance, kick upstairs, raise, elevate
John was kicked upstairs when a replacement was hired
Women tend not to advance in the major law firms
I got promoted after many years of hard work
- get better travel conditions
I upgraded to First Class when Coach Class was overbooked
- give better travel conditions to
The airline upgraded me when I arrived late and Coach Class was full
Microsoft Computer Dictionary
Investopedia Financial Terms
A positive change in the rating of a security.
For example, an analyst may upgrade a stock rating from ‘buy’ to ‘strong buy’, or a bond rating agency may upgrade a bond from AA to AAA.
English Synonym and Antonym Dictionary